Wow, what a busy couple of weeks it’s been for our community and RCGHP teams! We hope you have all managed to enjoy some of the beautiful Spring sunshine we’ve been blessed with recently.
There have been some really inspiring, heart-warming deeds this week in our community which we would love to share with you all, to not only boost morale, but for the organising team to show huge appreciation for our volunteers and the difference they are making during this difficult time.
Here are some of the amazing things that caught our eye this week;
- Claude the bearded dragon made headlines when her wonderful neighbour, Alex, came to her rescue to buy her favourite salad mix whilst Claude’s humans were self-isolating. Thank you, Alex!
- A fabulous group of people have created ‘Roath Community News’, a newsletter for neighbours in Roath to stay updated with all the current affairs. Look out for the newsletter in your post soon, or check out the online version here.
- Our fantastic neighbours on the community phoneline helped a lady in her eighties find support for her boyfriend, also in his eighties, as the two were self-isolating in their own homes (so sweet!)
- Waterloo Tea are co-ordinating to provide free food and drink to NHS workers at Heath Hospital and are supported by some amazing local businesses. Check out the website for more information here.
- A group of organised neighbours set Neil of Wellfield Road Fruit and Veg Stall up with a Facebook page to support his business in these difficult times and make sure we’re all well fed! Check out his Facebook page for more details here. P.s, he also delivers!
And finally, we’d like to thank everyone who has taken time out of their day to help their community this week, through grocery drops, collecting prescriptions, dog walking or simply a friendly phone call to check up on a neighbour. The uplifting sense of community spirit has been phenomenal amongst all the worry. We couldn’t make this support group work without you!
Keep safe, sane and sanitised,
RCGHP Mutual Aid Team